Monday, May 29, 2017

Create It! - Stage

I have always wanted Molly's Stage, but it was very expensive when it was released and it's quite expensive now since it's retired permanently.  So I made my own homemade modern version of it.  I love it.  And most of the supplies I used came from the Dollar Tree.
I glued two tri-folds together, back to back, that is how I created this look.

IMG_4140

Here it is!




I worked on this for weeks.  I created the stage, so it collapses for easy storage, created a different scene on each side, and added some fun details.

Here are the seats.  I made two sets using cardboard, foam board, hot glue, paint, and paper.  There were a lot easier to make than I thought they would be.  It just required a bit of patience and a lot of cutting.  I love how they turned out.

IMG_4142

IMG_4143

Next is the stage of itself.  I had a lot of ideas of what I wanted to do and getting them down on paper was hard, so I did most of this just from the top of my head.

The top of the stage is just a design I create.  The curtains are made of a plastic table cloth from the dollar store.
I knew I wanted a colorful background, so I used tissue paper squares and made a water/glue mixture.  I turned on some Netflix and it took about two days, but I finished coating the background.

IMG_4146

I made a pair of stairs, so the dolls can walk on and off the stage.  I just covered some cardboard in brown construction and glued them together.

IMG_4150

Next are these spotlights I made.  I used condiment cups, straws, and flickering tea lights.  I adore these.  They took quite a bit of time, but I love how they turned out.

IMG_4149

IMG_4148

Next on one of the sides, I made a brick pattern.  I cut out the bricks, rectangles with rounded edges.  And then painted it.

IMG_4180

IMG_4181

On the next side, I made a wood pattern.  I cut the ends off of popsicle sticks and glued them to the sides.  I coated them using a Modpodge and water mixture and layered paper on them to add more dimension.  I decided to paint it all one color and then added darker brown for accents.

IMG_4187

IMG_4188

And then this is the back!  It can either be used as a lobby or backstage.

IMG_4189

I made the picture frames able to hold pages so they can change.  I could make posters for them too.  I added magnets to the back of the hooks, so I can take them off when I need to fold up the stage.

IMG_4190

IMG_4191

I made a clapper board too.  I always wanted one of these myself, so I made one for my doll.

IMG_4198

And that's all for now.  If you have any additional questions, just ask.  Have a wonderday!

1 comment: