Monday, March 2, 2015

Sailor Scout Fuku: Update #4

Hi ho!  Alright, so I took a trip to JoAnns the other day and bought something I needed for the Sailor Scout Fuku.  I have mostly all I needed but then I realized I needed something for her boots.

I found a pattern online that was perfect.  It is located here!  On the pattern there is a large stripe that goes down the boot, but all I had to do was cut it off when I was cutting off the pattern.

As I mentioned before, I went to JoAnns and bought pleather (faux leather).  I purchased 1/4 of a yard of each color.  Since I making 2 Sailor Fukus, I need to make 2 pairs of boots.  I also bought a bit extra because I knew I would probably mess up.


I started to cut out the pieces I will need to make the boots, but that's about as far as I got tonight because it's kinda late.  I hope to work on them soon, but it all depends on life I suppose.


While I was at JoAnns, I saw this fabric and couldn't walk away from it.  Not sure what I will do with it yet, but I wanted it.  I love paw prints, and can't get enough of them.  I looked for cute paw print buttons, but they didn't have any.  I figured I would keep looking.


So yep, that's about as far as I've gotten so far.  I was going to work on the outfits last weekend, but my friend's lung collapsed and she needed surgery so I was fretting about that for awhile.  She is doing better now, at home resting.  But anywhos, I am going to keep working on it the best I can!


No comments:

Post a Comment