Sunday, August 23, 2015

Backpack and Gear!

Hello everyone!  I am here bringing you another post all about the things I have for a backpack and the gear I stored inside of it!  I made most of the items with tutorials that were already available, but I did have to use my imagination for a few things!  So let's take a look and get started!


The first item is the backpack!  I used the free tutorial on this website!  She gives wonderful and precise instructions on creating this little backpack.  I wanted to practice my hand stitching, which is why it probably isn't the greatest looking, but it's sturdy and fun!  I loved sewing this!




It fits nicely on the doll's back too.  The straps are long enough to go over the dolls arms, and not look too big while it sits on the doll.


Now for the items in the bag!  I added a Molly book, so if she wants to sit down and read she can!  Then I added the First Aid Kit we made in a previous post!  Click here if you want to read through that post and see how I made any of the items in there.

Next I will talk about the binoculars!  I was trying to figure out how to make binoculars when I found a MyFroggyStuff tutorial.  It was prefect.  I just added a few of my own touches and it was done!  I love the color blue and thought the stars added a great touch!




The next thing I made was a flashlight.  I started to wrap paper around a toothpick and then wrapped more paper around and around.  It took a lot of paper, but I had the longer construction paper, so it went quite fast.  I added a couple of pieces of foam for the on and off switch!  I coated both the flashlight and binoculars in a few layers of Modpodge to make sure they were extra sturdy too.

I even was able to make the flashlight and binoculars match!




Whenever I went camping when I was younger, I loved looking at the maps of the different camp sites.  I made one for my doll!  It could even come in handy incase she gets lost while on a hike.




While in elementary school, Mark Herrick, an illustrator, visited our school.  He was responsible for drawing the pictures in the Buck Wilder series.  We got two of the books he illustrated and he even signed them!  The Buck Wilder books are all about hiking, camping, and fishing!  They teach safety and many do's and don'ts while in the outdoors.  We loved these books when I was younger, so I made a simple version for my doll!


I adore tiny books, and this one was so fun to make!


And now Emily is off to go on an adventure!


Have a wonderday!

No comments:

Post a Comment