Thursday, January 14, 2016

Crafting Update!

I was excited to finally be able to buy some new craft supplies and boy did I get to work!

I bought the mail box last year around Valentine's Day at Target for a $1, and then bought a wooden candlestick holder from Hobby Lobby for $2.  I painted the candlestick silver and glued the mailbox onto using E6000 glue to make sure it won't fall apart.


I knew I needed some pots for my doll, so I set to work.  Using cardboard, glue, paint, and Modpodge, I made these pots.  They open up and look great with the dolls!


Next I made a lot of food.  I used cornstarch dough for most of it.  I used pastels and paint for coloring, and then coated everything in Modpodge.

Here is some carrots and celery!  You'll see why I made these later.  : )


Hot pretzels are a great and yummy treat!  These are so cute!


Can't forget about the cookies!  By the way, I used Modpodge to attach the salt to the pretzels, and the chocolate chips to the cookies!


Since I wanted some bread, I made these pull apart rolls we make at my house all the time.  I love how they turned out.


I wanted to make some meal items, so I made spaghetti with meatballs!  I made the meatballs separately so they could be removable.



Who doesn't love waffles!  I used the MyFroggyStuff tutorial for making these along with the syrup to go on top.  It was so easy and they were fun to make!



I love soup, especially with the cold winter we are having right now in Michigan.  So I made chicken noodle soup and tomato soup!  My favorites!


To make the broth, I colored the inside of a plastic cup with washable markers (I used the Crayola brand), I used lots of yellow, a little green, and few dots of brown, then I poured in some Modpodge and mixed it all together.  I poured the Modpodge mixture into the bowl, then I took the clay pieces I made to resemble chicken, celery, carrots, and noodles, and scattered them through the bowl.  I wanted most of the glue to dry, then put a thin layer of the Modpodge mixture on top.  I thought it turned out great.


For the tomato soup, I mixed together white glue along with some red paint, and a few drops of brown.  I dusted some green pastel on top to add the look of a little flavor and let it dry.  Both of these soups took about 3 days to dry thoroughly.



And that is what I have been working on the past few weeks!  I'm happy with how most of my creations turned out.  It was my first time doing a lot of this and found it to be fun.  I hope to make more in the future!

Have a wonderday!

No comments:

Post a Comment