Friday, January 2, 2015

Sailor Scout Fuku: Update #2

Whew...this project really has me beat.  I picked up a few more things I needed for the outfits and I hope to share those with you soon, but right now I am just trying to get the major piece of the outfits done.

Yesterday I finished making the bows.  I am quite proud of them.


The smaller ones are for the front, while the bigger ones will be on her backside.  They were actually all the same big size, but I had to alter them to make them smaller because they were way too big.  So I hope to show you how I made them soon.  I have some extra fabric I could use, but we will have to wait and see.

Now as for the suits, I bought the stuffing and let me tell you making those darn shoulders are going to be the most annoying thing about this outfit.


I don't hate them, but I don't really like how they turned out.  I am honestly thinking of scrapping this one and starting again because I have enough white fabric to make new ones.  The under part of the sleeves is way too pinched.


Course it is my first try at something like this, so it's all about learning as I go.  Plus I know the bottom isn't done which makes it look dorky as well.  Oh wells, I will see.  Now that I ran out of white thread I had to stop, but I did cut out the collars and hope to have them done soon.  And maybe tomorrow I will show you all what I found at Meijers and JoAnns!  I was quite excited about my finds.

Have a wonderday!

No comments:

Post a Comment