Monday, July 6, 2015

Gonna Eat This Camping Trip!: Part 3


And here we have part three of our Gonna Eat This Camping Trip!  This page is more the non-traditional camping foods, but can pass for camping foods or just inside your kitchen!

Snacks

Animal Crackers


I originally wasn't going to make these, but I thought it was fun idea.  As I made the other boxes before, I colored the template, and cut it roughly around the edges.  I glued it onto paper board and then cut along the lines.  I scored the edges and then hot glued them together.  As before I coated it with a few coats of Mod-podge (or clear glue).


Chips


Making the chip bag was fun!  I colored the template and then coated the image with tape, but I didn't put tape on the tab.  I cut out the image and then glued the bag together.  I glued one of the open sides together.

Now comes to filling it to look like there are chips inside.  You can add whatever you want inside, scrap fabric, paper, or I added some polyfil stuffing.  I then glued the remaining side together.  It works great because it squishes down.


Colored PDF Version / Outlined PDF Version
(On the snack templates I added the hot dog package too)

Hot Cocoa


One of my favorite things to eat on a camping trip is hot cocoa on those chilly mornings.


The box making is exactly as I stated before with the other boxes.


Inside of the box you will need hot cocoa packets!  I provided to different templates with just 2 packets and another with 6.  I wanted more, but I figured some would want less.

I colored, covered in clear tape, and cut out the templates.  I glued two of the sides together, and then put it just a tiny bit of filling.  I made sure to push it all the way to the bottom.  I then glued the top shut.  And I have six tiny cocoa packets.

Colored PDF Version (2 packets) / Colored PDF Version (6 Packets) / Outlined PDF Version (2 Packets) / Outlined PDF Version (6 Packets)

Cereal & Milk

And yet again, I used the same technique as before with making boxes.  The only difference was that I glued the tops shut.  I wasn't going to put any cereal inside of them.  I tried to make them smaller, like the travel sizes they have, but they would have been really small, so I just made them sort of smaller than a bit box would have been.



I used MyFroggyStuff's tutorial for making these small milk containers.


Grilled Foods



Next we are going to make some grilled food.  I made parts for hamburgers and hot dogs.

Hot Dogs & Buns

Here are the hot dogs and buns!  For the hot dogs I cut them out of the thick foam and painted them.  I coated them in Mod-podge as well.  I didn't add the grill marks on the ones that went in the package because they wouldn't have been grilled yet.


I colored the template and cut it out.  I layered two rows of four hot dogs (gluing them together) and wrapped them with some plastic.  I taped the edges shut and you have a package of hot dogs!



To make the hot dogs, I cut some buns out of tan foam and glued the hot dogs inside of them.  I tried other glues, but the only one that actually stuck was the hot glue.

Hamburgers & Buns



I made a package of cheese slices and hamburger patties.  I would like to add a label onto the uncooked hamburger patties, but I didn't quite get that far.  I wrapped both in some plastic.


The hamburgers are made from foam!  I cut circles out of foam for the cooked patties (brown) and buns (tan), and cut squares out of thin yellow foam.  I cut out two circles for the top bun, one was smaller than the other.  I hot glued them all together and there we go!

That is what I have created for my doll camp food!  I hope to start making more food to fill a kitchen soon!  Do you have any ideas?  Any more camp food you take with you on a trip?

Have a wonderday!

No comments:

Post a Comment