Thursday, July 9, 2015

Soccer Uniform

As you know I bought the Springfield Soccer set, and I didn't want to buy the Springfield Soccer Uniform because I worried the material wouldn't be all that great and I wanted it to last.  I decided to make my own.  I bought a half of yard of some black polyester fabric, a soccer applique, along with the numbers 0 and 2!  And I already had just enough white cotton at home from a previous project.


I used two different patterns when making this uniform.  I used Simplicity #7688 (I can not find this one on Simplicity's website, it may be out of print.) for the shirt and Simplicity #1580 for the shorts.  I wanted the shorts to have elastic in them, so that is why I went with that pattern.

And I love how it turned out.  It fits her quite well and I really feel proud of myself.


I used a zig-zag stitch on the seams you could see.  These are the shorts and I used only the polyester fabric for these.  It was a tricky fabric to work with too.  It kept stretching and when I tried to use pins it was a mess.  So it took some time, but it was fun!


Here is the front of the shirt.  I know the soccer ball applique is a tiny bit off, but when I slammed the iron down on it, I didn't realize it.  But I don't really care to be honest.  And if worse comes to worse, I can just take it off later and add a new one on.

I used the black for the sleeves and neck line.  I wish the black would have gone down more on the neck line, but I don't mind it.  I once again used the zig-zag stitch on the sleeve hems too.  I thought it added a fun look.

Here is the back of the shirt.  2 is my favorite number, so that is what I made her jersey.


I thought overall it turned out great.  The more I practice with sewing I think the better I am getting.  So I am hoping to do more projects soon.  This one only took me about four to five-ish hours to complete.

Do you play any sports or did when you were younger?  I played soccer and softball.  I always had fun playing on sports teams.

Have a wonderday!

No comments:

Post a Comment