Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Sewing A Jumper & Fun Find!

Hi-ho!  I was looking through my fabric the other day and realized I still had some denim material left and I found a pattern I wanted to work with, so I set to work!


Ta da!  For this outfit I used the jumper pattern from Butterick #5452.  The patterns in this set are little more simpler and room-ier, so I thought using denim would be okay.  Most patterns I come across aren't fit to use different fabrics other than the ones they are designed for, but I thought this would be perfect.


I have two tiny flower appliques to add to the jumper, but I didn't get around to that yet.  I will update you on when I do that though.


Here is an up-close picture of the stitching for the "pockets" (they aren't real) and the zig zag stitch I did along the bottom hem of the dress.  I am fond of zig zag stitching with hems, I think it adds a bit of an extra touch.

The only note I have about this jumper, was when I was trying to add the waistband, I could not figure it out.  I think it looked funny because I was using denim, instead of cotton like that pattern suggests.  So I just sort of manipulated it how it would work and I like how it turned out!


If you are wondering, I did sew the shirt too!  I used the Trendy T-Shirt pattern from Liberty Jane, which you can get for free from here!  I didn't have the best material while making the shirt, but I wanted a simple white shirt for my doll, so it will do for the time.  The pattern was great though, it is a pretty simple one as well.

Now on to my fun find!  I was in Meijer the other day running an errand, and I saw all of the back to school things.  It got my own mind reeling on some new crafts, but I wondered if they had anything dolly sized.  And they did!  I found these eraser crayons.


They are perfectly sized Jumbo Crayons for dolls!  Plus they were only $1!  I couldn't pass them up.


There are six that come in the pack.  Orange, red, white, yellow, green, and blue.


Here is Emily showing you the size comparison.  I also like that they are erasers because they won't start melting like wax crayons do when you set them somewhere you assume is safe.  (It has happened to me before.  Here is tip, make sure you don't have crayons near your vents in the winter time.)


My only thing is that the labels slip off quite easily and they say Eraser on them.  I am thinking of making my own labels and gluing them on.  I also hope to make a crayon box for them.  I'm not sure yet, but it would be fun.  I will see, but for right now that is all!

Have a wonderday!

P.S. I have just a few more Camp It Up! posts to go.  I should be posting those within the next few weeks, then back to school time!

No comments:

Post a Comment