Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Guitar & Jeans!

Over Memorial Day weekend, I was hard at work on some thing for my doll.  I think she looks quite snazzy too!


First off I will talk about the guitar I made.  I have wanted a guitar for my American Girl doll for a long time.  And when American Girl had one I thought I would be able to get it, but it was quite expensive.  Finally I sat down and did it.


I used MyFroggyStuff's instructions from her second how to make a guitar video.  I sort of made it my own by adding different touches here and there.  I even added a hook on the strap so it's easy to take off and put back on!  I really enjoyed this craft, I think I should make a microphone next.


And following that, you may have noticed the jeans Emily are wearing.  I made them yesterday!



When the JoAnns by my house was moving, everything was on sale (everything!).  So I bought some denim material for when I wanted to make some jeans.  And I did just that!  I plan to make a pair of shorts with the left over fabric, but my hands were done last night after I finished the jeans.

You will may have also noticed the shirt she is wearing.  It is actually a hoodie pattern from one of the many patterns I own, and I wanted to test it out.  I had to adjust it a lot because it's supposed to be made with stretch material, but it's kind of long sleeve hood shirt now.  I like it.


I plan to fix it up with the sewing machine soon, but for now I think it will hold together.

I hope you all had a wonderful weekend and have a wonderful week!  Oh, and I finally contacted American Girl about my doll's wobbly limbs.  I am eagerly awaiting a reply from them.

Have a wonderday!

P.S. I hope you noticed my snazzy new header.  I had fun working on it and thought it fit well.  : )

Edit: P.P.S. After making a new header, I decided to redo the whole blog!  I kind of want a different background, but I think for now it's okey-dokie!

No comments:

Post a Comment