Saturday, May 30, 2015

Shorts! + Sailor Scout Fuku: Update #6

So as I said in a previous post, I got around to making shorts for my doll!  I really love how they turned out.  I think they turned out better than the pants did, I may have to either remake the pants or fix them up a bit later.


Ignore the mess behind Emily, it's my craft corner because I have no other way to store stuff right now.  But there she is.  I noticed I can pull them up higher and lower on her.

(Oh gosh I forgot about the pattern.  I used the Simplicity pattern 1580 for the shorts and jeans!  In case you wondered.)


They are just velcro-ed on the back.  That was probably the hardest part of these.  Trying to hand sew through the velco and three layers of denim is no fun, but they turned out great.

And you may notice the thread on the shorts.  I ran out of blue, so I found this color changing rainbow thread in the sewing box and thought it would look great.  And it did!  I want to use the thread again on something.


And looky what I pulled out today.  As you can see in the picture I have a lot of odd stuff done, and I just want it finished.  I set to work today on making the Sailor Chibi Moon's fuku and it's been going quite well.  I am almost done with it, I just need to sew on the hip puffy things, and then add the bottom with some elastic.  I would take a picture but the lightning is bad at night, so you will just have to take my word for it.

I do also need to make the other boots, finish the hair accessories, sew the pins on the bows, and I think that's it.  It just sounds like a lot work.  Oh, and I need to figure out how to attach the compacts onto their bows.  Not sure how yet, but I will figure it out.

So tonight I will probably watch a movie and sew the pins on the back of the bows.  It's a pretty simple thing to do, just annoying and tiny.  Other than that, it's all I got today, so...

Have a wonderday!

No comments:

Post a Comment