Monday, June 15, 2015

Have a Picnic Lunch!



What You Will Need:
Large Popsicle sticks (You can probably find these at most craft stores or in the crafting aisles)
Glue (I used hot glue to speed up the process, but I imagine most craft or wood glues would work)
Scissors

Steps:

1. Gather 12 popsicle sticks and cut the rounded end off like so:


Craft Note: When cutting your popsicle sticks sometimes the pieces fly and I know I wouldn't want to hurt anyone.  I would suggest cutting them in a bag, whether it's a Ziploc bag or grocery bag.

2. Lay them side by side one another to get a sense of how big the table will be.  If you want more than 12 then go ahead and add a bit more for an even bigger table if you prefer.  I just thought 12 would be good because it wouldn't be to big or small for storing later.


3. If you don't want to do this step, then you don't have too.  I glued the straight ends of the popsicles together to give it some extra reinforcement, but that is your choice.


4. Take 3 untrimmed popsicle sticks and lay them on top of your 12 lined up like so:


Glue them down.  Make sure to get all the small knooks and crannys.  I repeated this process on both sides of the table top.  I thought it gave it an even look.

5. Next I cut the ends off 8 popsicle sticks, try to make these as much as the same size as you can.


Following that you will need to cut 8 pieces of popsicles that are about 2 inches long with an angle cut out of them.  Try to get these as close to the same size as possible.  It took a few tries for me to get there, so if at first they don't look alright, that's okay.


6. As I mentioned you cut 8 of each.  I glued 2 together of each of the pieces, so you end up with 4 long sticks with the ends cut and 4 of the smaller pieces.




 Then you will need to glue the small angled pieces to the popsicle sticks with the ends you cut off.


7. Next you will glue your four pieces you glued together to the bottom of the table.  This also takes a bit of patience, but just working on it.


8. I wanted some added support, so I cut some angles on a popsicle and glued it inside of the sticks to give it some more reinforcement.



9.  Now this part is optional, but I wanted to add some more sticks to the bottom.  I cut angled cuts off the ends of one popsicle and glued them to the bottom.  I think the picture can explain it better than I can.



10. And flip your table over and you are done!  If you wish, you can paint it, but I wanted to leave it as is.  I think I will coat it with a layer of Mod-Podge to make sure it stays together for awhile.  I took an oddly angled picture of the table next to my doll, but it's about the right size.  It is probably a bit small, but it was so much cheaper than buying one myself.  Now I just need to make a chair for my doll!

 

I hope you enjoyed the craft!  I actually burnt my finger pretty bad with the glue gun while working on this.  It took it a few days, but it finally started to heal.  So if you use a hot glue gun be careful!

Have a wonderday!

No comments:

Post a Comment