Monday, December 1, 2014

Hi-dee-ho!

Tis the first day of December and I have so much to do.  Well I sort of have so much to do.  In the grand scheme of things I really don't.  Alas, I will not let the low spirits get to me, at least I will try not to let them.  I sometimes have a bit of trouble with things like that.

I am currently creating a Hogwarts Uniform for my American Girl doll.  It is something I have always wanted for myself, but it seems more practical to just make one of my doll.  And a bit cheaper with my mom working at JoAnns right now.  It's kind of nice to have something to do and having a hobby.

I will try to be on here sharing pictures as I go, because it's going to be a process.  I am planning on starting with the robe.  I looked around the internet and found this pattern to be quite close to the actual robes worn.  I have built up a small collection of patterns as well, so I found quite a few ideas from this outfit as well.

Here is my supplies I bought at JoAnns.  I bought black (1/2 yd) and dark red (3/8 yd) lining material for the robe.  A cotton shirt material (1/2 yd) for the shirt.  An awesome fleece material (1/2 yd) for the sweater because I can't knit, but it's oddly close to sweater material.  I found a nice grey cotton (3/8 yd) for the skirt.  I also have some Velcro because of the certain shirt pattern I am using.  And finally I have some ribbon which is as close as I could find to the darker red material I had and a thinner gold one.


And since the JoAnns by me is moving to a new location just a bit away from the original, they have everything on sale.  I found these tiny bottles to work for as potion bottles.  I am still figuring out what I want to put inside of them to make them look real, I do have some ideas though.  I also did find a small trunk that would have been perfect, but I didn't get it.  Which I immediately regretted after walking out of the store.  But I am sure I will find another one along the way.


Overall I know this project is going to take awhile and I hope I don't have to use the seam ripper to much.

As well as finding these other finds, my mom saved this for me behind the counter.  I have been looking for this pattern for a while now and it was out of stock for a month or two.  But they somehow had a few at the store.  Plus all patterns are only $1.99 at our location so I bought it!  It is, of course, a task that I hoping to accomplish in the future.


I suppose that is all from me today, unless I show you my progress on the robe.  I just cut out the pieces as of right now, but I hope to start sewing today.  : )

Have a wonderful day!


P.S. I have been sewing a lot lately and will probably share those as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment