Friday, December 12, 2014

Hogwarts School Uniform: Update #5

Well guess what?  I finished it!  I had an incredibly fun time making this and I am quite excited about how it turned out.  I will show you some pictures I took yesterday, but I substituted and then I was too tired to post.  So without further ado is my finished Hogwarts Uniform!


As you may have noticed I added a few things that I haven't posted about.  I finished the tie and after sewing all of those ribbons to the fabric my hand is happy for the break.  


I even made some hair ribbons using the left over ribbon and some stiching adhesive I had already.  I didn't have any shoes that really fit, but when these are the shoes from an American Girl Today outfit from I suppose 12 or 13 years ago.  It was called the Urban Outfit.  The socks are also from this outfit.


I took off the robe so you could see the whole outfit.  The pleated skirt, sweater, tie, shirt


And you may have noticed her wand.  To be honest I thought about making one, but then my mom suggested I just go outside and see what I can find.  Well I found the perfect stick.  The stick even had a small knot at the end for the handle.  It was originally taller than her, but I cut the stick down and sanded the end to make it rounded with a slight point.  I made it to look to be about her size.  I like how real it looks.


And you can't see in my pictures above, but I made a even made a wand pocket inside of her robe.  I took some of the left over black lining and folded it in half.  I sewed three sides and turned it inside out.  And then I sewed it inside on one of the sides.  It took a bit more time than I thought it would, but now I have somewhere to store the wand when it's not in use.


So yep, that is my Hogwarts School Uniform!  If anyone has any questions about the small details of things I would happily answer them!  Have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment