Monday, December 15, 2014

Hogwarts School Uniform: Bonus - Hogwarts Letter

Hello everyone!  I know it's been a few days since I've finished my Hogwarts Uniform, so I wanted to show you the mini Hogwarts Letter to first years I made!  I looked up a few different ways of doing this, and I found a way that worked best for me.  I wanted to find scrapbook paper that looked close to parchment, but I didn't have any that resembled it so I used some textures I had and put them behind the words as images on Word.  I printed it on a quick draft and it came out pretty perfect to me.


I found the letter contents online with a quick search and added in the Hogwarts logo and words at the bottom.  I did glue two pieces of paper together and it sort of made it look more wrinkled and parchment like.  Here is a back view of the envelope with the letter.


I folded the envelope by using the letter folded in half as the guide.  I did put on my address because I'm a dork and I wanted it as authentic as possible.  If you wish to use the font I did, just do a quick Harry Potter Fonts search and you will find plenty.  I even found some I used to have, but didn't anymore because of a computer meltdown from last year.


I have to say making the seal was fun.  I found a picture of the seal online and made it small enough to fit my American Girl doll.  I glued it onto a thin piece of foam and cut it out.  I figured it would be the closest to feeling like wax.  I think it turned out pretty neato.


I hope to one day make a template for you to use as well, but right now I'm not really that skilled in the PDF making department.  I hope too soon though.  If you have any questions about the process just leave a comment and I will answer as soon as I can.

Have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment