Monday, December 1, 2014

Hogwarts School Uniform: Update #1

Okay, my hands and neck are achy now, but I'd say it was worth it!  I (sort of) finished the robe tonight.  I used the pattern for most of the way until I got to the sleeves and I didn't understand any of it.  I didn't know what a hidden stitch was or even how to do one.  With a quick Google search and figured out I can't do one.  At least not now anyways.  Maybe I need to used some other thing to practice on.

Anywhos, here is the process I went through.  Firstly, I had to work on the outside lining of the robe.  I had quite a bit of trouble with the sleeves for some reason on this pattern.  I had to use the seam ripper quite a bit, but I was careful.


Here is a photo of the outside lining all sewn together.  I was slightly confused why you create the two linings separately, but I went with it.


This is the inside lining of the robe.  It was quite tricky with the different colors and making sure everything was going the right way.  My advice is triple check to make sure your seams are lined up correctly and your insides are inside or outsides are outside.


After much frustration on my part, I figured out how to do the sleeves myself because I couldn't figure out the hidden seam trick with this pattern.  I'd say I did quite a good job though.


And finally here it is on my doll Emily.  The lighting isn't all that great because it's night time, but I will try to take a better picture later.  I am going to add a hook when everything is done so I will know how bulky her clothes will be underneath.


Don't worry, I didn't forget the house crest.  I need to buy the iron on transfers so I suppose I will make a post when I do that.

So that's all from me today, I am off to bed because I am substituting in the morning!  Have a wonderful day!


No comments:

Post a Comment